Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Shopping and Hong Qiao

Went on an adventure today.... First went to Yasho to pick up some more DVD's and little Chinese things my sister requested in her list of things... Then Michael and I took the bus to Subway line 5 and then took the subway to Tiantan where Hong Qiao Market is. Bought a bunch of Christmas presents for family and friends. Bought myself a painting as well. Thank you mom :) It was much easier bargaining and much cheaper there too. I bought a purse the other day at Yasho and they started at about 800 kuai... I got them down to 100... when I went to Hong Qiao and asked how much, they started at 100... when I walked away in disbelief they went even further down to 80... wish I had just waited to get the purse.

We were there for a few hours. Took a while to get there too. Went to find my mothers pearl lady Sandy, but she wasn't there and I didn't feel like bargaining with Sandy's employees... sorry mom. After shopping, we trekked our way back to the subway. I got off at the same stop we got off at to get there and hopped on the 701. an hour and twenty minutes later, I made it home. With traffic and the new snowfall that seems to be accumulating outside, it was quite a ride home. At one point so many people got on the bus, that I wasn't sure I'd be able to get off. But i managed to.

Got home, organized all of the presents so I know who they are all for. Wrapped ones for people here and now ready to watch a movie, the snow outside, and eat dinner. Doesn't feel like it's almost Christmas, but hoping it will be a good one. I think my Christmas will come when I go home in 11 days. YAY.


Outside Hong Qiao

Me and the giant pearl

My new painting

No comments:

Post a Comment