Friday, December 7, 2012

Another door, and hole, opens

Today was an alright day. Had only one class of 5-8 year olds, in a lower level of Chinese. Basically we  teach phonics at this level. Had a kid get a bloody nose and it was just pouring out his nose. It was an interesting mix to the class.

Still have a hole in my wall from the construction in my unit. Haven't gone into complete details, but basically there is water under the linoleum. I told the owner a few times. Once they came in and said there's no pipe under the floor. It's just moisture. Or glue. ummm, no I think I'd know if it was water. So I told them again and they decided they needed to cut a hole in the wall where there is a pipe. The pipe goes vertically from upstairs all the way through the building. But there is also a smaller pipe the is horizontal towards my unit. There is no cap on this pipe. Pretty awesome. So anytime the neighbors upstairs use water, it just pours into my unit. But anyway, they cut the hole, found the pipe. Cut the hole some more. Found a lid they hoped would work (and has so far). But they didn't clean up after themselves. I had to clean everything. Then woke up this morning with a layer of sheetrock dust all over my unit. UGH. Was so gross. I had to mop the floors and disinfect everything again. My clothes were even covered in it. So now, I'm left with a big hole.

On a more positive note. As some know, I have not finished my Masters, but am close to being done. I emailed my school and asked if I could go back. They said of course and have set up a plan for me. I have a choice of going back September 2013 and be done June 2014 or start mid-December 2013 and be done end of July 2014. They suggested September, so I think I'm gonna do it then. The only thing standing in my way now, is money. Hopefully I can get financial aid. I applied today to see if I could, so I will find out. I'm expecting the worst though. I don't really have much luck, and often things don't go my way. Very pessimistic I know, but then I won't get my hopes up too often. We'll see. I will keep everyone posted. But I may be living in Seattle a year from now, back in school. YAY.

Off to bed to read another book. This one is called The Testimony. Don't remember who the author is though, but pretty interesting so far. In the last week I have finished James Pattersons Against Medical Advice, and A Christmas Sweater, can't remember the author either but he was from Mount Vernon Washington.

The original hole where the found an uncovered pipe

The uncovered pipe is above. They found a sheet in my unit to try and "soak" up the water, Yeah right. 

The hole as it looks now

The covered pipe finally. It had been open and water just poured on in.

Got a long two days ahead of me. Full load Saturday and Sunday. Will write more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment