Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Well, I guess not exactly. Being in China, away from family, in a country that does not celebrate the holiday. It doesn't really feel like Christmas, but we gotta make the best of it. Went and took my test this morning. I knew some answers right away and some I had to sit and think about. Treated myself to a Starbucks afterwards-- it's been about 3 weeks since I've had one, and I was drinking it every day for a while there.

Took the bus into San Li Tun and got my Christmas shopping done. Still have a few random things to get and have to figure out what to give to my secret santa at work, but I managed to get everyone else's presents. Was trying to avoid buying anything for myself, but I did buy a CD, a t-shirt, and a wiggly snowman head band thingy. Not really sure what to call it, but I plan on rocking it at the Christmas party the students, the party for the teachers, and Christmas night dinner. Along with my pin and matching earrings from my momma last year. And can't forget the Christmas socks. I saved a few of the things my mom sent last month so I have at least something new to say I got. But might just be my secret santa gift for my christmas this year, which won't even be on Christmas.

There are some super cute boots that I would like from a store here. If I have enough money by the end of the month with all Christmas shopping done, and enough money to take home, I may splurge and spend the $30 for them. They would cost probably about $200 in the states. We'll see though. I'd rather have more money to bring home.

Time to watch a movie, and upload my new music to my iPod. It's almost Christmas!!! But, even better, I'll be home in 18 days. SOOOOO excited!!! It will be a short trip, but well worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment